Settle in Switzerland
SWITZERLAND  +41 (0)22 534 93 14
coemailntmail addressact@swiss moving agencyhelvswitzerland consultingetiotld domain name.cconsulting live in switzerlandh
Residential permit Driving license Vehicle importation Education and child care Convenient installation Job Insurances and social coverage Housing Temporary housing International moving Arrival services Leaving services Tax consulting Real estate investment Lump-Sum tax France: Exit Tax Company creation


Comment le commerce en ligne transforme la vente au détail https://t.co/0wN5lbr4UJ 08:32 AM Jul 18th

Se repérer dans la galaxie du crowdfunding grâce à une infographie https://t.co/M8MqwbNwZk 06:57 PM Jul 16th

Signature de convention : Projet alimentaire territorial ardéchois https://t.co/sdsA05VCd6 05:51 AM Jul 01st

Economie : quel Capital immatériel des Alpes https://t.co/UCX7hhuQNS 08:02 AM May 20th

Suisse | Un pressing écolo détache sans solvant toxique https://t.co/v2gG31Jnpg 09:30 AM Apr 26th

Visite de l'église de Jézeau le 26 avril - Pays d'Art et d'Histoire des vallées d'Aure ...https://t.co/Gv45U579ZD 08:48 AM Apr 25th

Share the page


Insurances and social coverage

Relocation specialist in the cantons of Geneva and Lausanne
We advise you on the necessary insurances and coverages. We work with recognized and trusted insurers.

Health Insurance (LAMAL)

As a Swiss resident, you have the obligation to subscribe to a Swiss health insurance (LAMAL). There are several private insurers, under the the Swiss law, and different coverages and fees according to: your age, your location, and the amount the chosen franchise.
We expose the Swiss health system and we do simulations with several insurers to choose the right health cover your needs at the best rates. We guide you through the applications and we will register you to the chosen insurer.

Accident (LAA)

The accident insurance covers unpredictable injuries. For example: falling into ecaliers. It complements health insurance. It can be taken personally, or by the employer.

Public liability (RC)

This insurance is involved for damage to property. For example, your child breaks the TV of your neighbors.

Vehicule (CASCO)

Insurers usually talk of "Casco Collision" insurance (in case of shock), "partial Casco" (in case of damage) or "full Casco" (collision + partial).


For the building, according to the canton, the occupier must take a mandatory insurance for natural damage (eg fire) with a cantonal agency (ECA). In the cantons of Geneva and Valais, the resident can freely choose their fire insurance.
Other risks (eg flooding) can be covered by a private insurer to choose.

Contents Insurance

This insurance covers property (furniture, and objects inside your home), for example in case of burglary.

Social protection

Most of these insurance are included in the charges on the salary paid by the employer.
  • AVS, Retirement (1st pillar)
  • LPP, professional (2nd pillar)
  • Personal insurance 3a, (3rd pillar)
  • AI, Disability
  • LAA, Accident
  • AC, Unemployment
  • APG, loss of earnings
We can arrange an appointment with one of our expert partners in Insurance, to present you the solutions and possible covers.


In Switzerland, it is mandatory to be registered to the pension department AVS. Contributions are deducted from the gross salary of employees, who sum up points. The retirement age is 65 for men and 64 for women.
We can register you to the AVS department.

Retirement: international agreements

Switzerland has numerous agreements with most European countries for retirement, so you can receive retirement from your current country while living in Switzerland. Each case is singular, so we invite you to contact us to discuss about your current situation.
Contact us